Google Summer of Code with KDE
Hey everyone, one more month has passed now, Fwupd-Backend is now finally merged in discover master branch, though it took quite a number of changes. This post will relatively small as in the past month I have worked mainly on fixing the mistakes and improving the code and getting it merged.
#1 Phabricator Merge diff: (https://phabricator.kde.org/D14050 ) This is the phabricator request, for merging the code into the master( commit: a30850900bbf9487f08bd43d988267e2ec034fd0).
#2 CI fail after Merging: So after the code was merged the build started to fail on the CI system, the main problem behind that was some issue in the findLIBFWUPD.cmake code and the backend dependency was not installed on CI system, For it, I added the request for sys-admins (https://phabricator.kde.org/T9305). Though I violated some community code, the dependency got installed in CI system, thanks to bcooksley, (link: https://phabricator.kde.org/R857:1b0c2d39907a90bf6854fffafdab3d461fe8e69e), also thanks to adridg for pointing out the issue in my License in the cmake file, I fixed that in the (commit: 03aeb5ba2077c344b5de38ec37858a3603b07733) with some other fixes.
It was fun working with the KDE community, special thanks to my mentors Aleix Pol and David Edmundson, for guiding me throughout this summer break very much thanks to people at IRC for entertaining my problems!
It’s not a goodbye, I am currently working on another project for driver management which will use Linux driver management (https://github.com/solus-project/linux-driver-management) libraries to enumerate and discover devices and provide the suitable drivers for their hardware! (https://cgit.kde.org/scratch/abhijeetsharma/kdrivermanagement.git/), currently, the only temporary file structure is added, still, a long way to go!
Disclaimer: The Fwupd-Backend code is not been tested on a real device, may contain issues.
FeedBack Feel free to write comments below!